Georgia’s Chicken Run
Hope everyone had an awesome run!
Ruby and The Chicken and Georgia and all our volunteers enjoyed meeting our participants at Packet Up on July 23!
A virtual run is one you can run, walk, or skip whenever and wherever you want- no early morning wake-up call! Each runner registered will receive a race t-shirt, a goodie bag, and a medal to show off the achievement. This is a great family summer activity!
A quick packet pickup will provide fun for the whole family! Greet Georgia, The Chicken & Ruby the Goat as you drive through and pick up your packets. After you run, be sure to share your pictures on social media using the hashtag: #FOFChickenRun for all of your friends to see!
- Pick-Up Date is Thursday, July 23rd from 4:30 pm-7 pm.
- Race whenever you choose between July 24 – July 30th.
- This is a fun way to get out, get moving, and help support the Farmstead you love!
- The last day to register is Sunday, July 12th. There will be no late or onsite registrations available.
Tips for running:
- Please make sure to practice current social distancing and local government guidelines when choosing your running spot and date/time.
- We recommend a paved space such as a trail or neighborhood sidewalk route for your runner.
- Please take pictures! It could be a photo of your runner taking off from the “starting line”, a mid-run photo, an epic finish photo, a high five, or even a shoe selfie. We want to see them too, we encourage you to share with us on social media! If you prefer not to upload a photo, that’s ok too!
- You can use a GPS, such as on a smartwatch or smartphone, to track the distance for your runner. If that is unavailable, you can roughly map the distance based on trail markers, block lengths, etc. It’s more about digging deep & reaching that finish line than it is about getting the exact mileage right.
- We encourage caregivers to run with their runner as needed, to help them push through and ensure their safety.
Overland Park, KS 66221
|Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead is currently closed to the public due to the COVID-19 situation.
Under normal circumstances, Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead is open daily from April 1-Oct. 31: 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Extended Hours: Memorial Day to Labor Day: Tuesday and Thursdays only - 9:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Activities operate until 5:00 p.m.
Free for members of Friends of the Farmstead
$3.00 per person
Free after 2:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday.