The tradition continues as FNBO, Westlake Ace Hardware, and Sarin Energy Solutions present the 21st Annual Luminary Walk. Kick-off the holiday season with a family walk through the lights at the Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens.
While the quiet woods are lit with candles lining the walkways, the gardens are bright with color. Trees, buildings, and bridges are all part of the show, with thousands of lights aglow.
During the three weekends following Thanksgiving, take a stroll along the lit pathways to see intricate Gnome and Fairy Houses, serene winter woods by candlelight, and the colorful Children's Garden. Enjoy musical performances in four different locations and a horse-drawn wagon ride through the forest.
For a quieter "Date Night" experience, a Candlelight Stroll will be held Thursday, December 3rd.
The Luminary Walk is the major fundraiser for the Friends of the Arboretum (FOTA). All proceeds benefit the Arboretum. More details on the Event Information page.
For the Safety of All
- All tickets are date and time-specific.
- The number of tickets sold per half-hour timeframe allows for social distancing between families.
- Expanded operating hours - 4:30 to 10:00 p.m. (1½ hours longer than previous years).
- To keep Santa safe, he will not be with us this year.
- The visitor center will not be open for refreshments.
- To operate with fewer volunteers, trains in the train garden will not be running, and portions of the candlelit path will be switched to electric lights.
To protect all guests, as well as our volunteers, masks must be worn through the entrances to the Luminary Walk. Once inside when social distance is maintained, masks are optional.
4:30 – 10:00 each night (Last admittance is 9:00.)
Friday, November 27, 2020
Saturday, November 28, 2020
Friday, December 4, 2020
Saturday, December 5, 2020
Friday, December 11, 2020
Saturday, December 12, 2020
$12.00 per person; free for age 5 and under
$2.00 discount for members of Friends of the Arboretum when purchased online with promo code.
Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens
8909 W. 179th St. Overland Park KS 66013