The tradition continued in 2020 as FNBO, Westlake Ace Hardware, and Sarin Energy Solutions presented the 21st Annual Luminary Walk. Thousands safely kicked off the holiday season with a family walk through the lights at the Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens.
Make plans to enjoy this family-favorite event in 2021. During the three weekends following Thanksgiving, take a stroll along the lit pathways to see intricate Gnome and Fairy Villages, serene winter woods by candlelight, and the colorful Children's Garden. Enjoy musical performances in four different locations and a horse-drawn wagon ride through the forest, while the quiet woods are lit with candles lining the walkways. The gardens are bright with color. Trees, buildings, and bridges are all part of the show, with thousands of lights aglow.
The Luminary Walk is the major fundraiser for the Friends of the Arboretum (FOTA). All proceeds benefit the Arboretum.
More details on the Event Information page.
For the Safety of All
- All tickets are date and time-specific.
- The number of tickets sold for entry within half-hour timeframes is limited, allowing for social distancing between families.
- Expanded operating hours - 4:30 to 10:00 p.m.
- Household members, please stay to yourself and distanced from other groups.
- If you feel ill, please do not attend. More details on COVID 19 Guidance.
To protect all guests, as well as our volunteers, masks are required.
Tentative 2021 Schedule
4:30 – 10:00 each night (Last admittance is 9:00.)
Friday, November 26, 2021
Saturday, November 27, 2021
Friday, December 3, 2021
Saturday, December 4, 2021
Friday, December 10, 2021
Saturday, December 11, 2021
Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens
8909 W. 179th St. Overland Park KS 66013