The tradition continues as FNBO, Westlake Ace Hardware, and Sarin Energy Solutions present the 21st Annual Luminary Walk. Kick-off the holiday season with a family walk through the lights at the Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens.
LUMINARY WALK IS NOT SOLD OUT - BUT NEARLY SO! ORDER TICKETS CAREFULLY. THE ABILITY TO EXCHANGE FOR A DIFFERENT NIGHT OR TIME IS LIMITED.
During the three weekends following Thanksgiving, take a stroll along the lit pathways to see intricate Gnome and Fairy Villages, serene winter woods by candlelight, and the colorful Children's Garden. Enjoy musical performances in four different locations and a horse-drawn wagon ride through the forest, while the quiet woods are lit with candles lining the walkways. The gardens are bright with color. Trees, buildings, and bridges are all part of the show, with thousands of lights aglow.
For a quieter "Date Night" experience, a Candlelight Stroll will be held Thursday, December 3rd.
The Luminary Walk is the major fundraiser for the Friends of the Arboretum (FOTA). All proceeds benefit the Arboretum.
More details on the Event Information page.
For the Safety of All
- All tickets are date and time-specific.
- The number of tickets sold for entry within half-hour timeframes is limited, allowing for social distancing between families.
- Expanded operating hours - 4:30 to 10:00 p.m. (1½ hours longer than previous years).
- To keep Santa safe, he will not be with us this year.
- No refreshments will be available (we do not want to encourage taking off masks!). Please do not bring beverages into the event for the same reason. Hydrate when you return to your car!
- To operate with fewer volunteers, trains in the train garden will not be running, and portions of the candlelit path will be switched to electric lights.
- Household members, please stay to yourself and distanced from other groups.
- If you feel ill, please do not attend. More details on COVID 19 Guidance.
To protect all guests, as well as our volunteers, masks are required.
4:30 – 10:00 each night (Last admittance is 9:00.)
Friday, November 27, 2020
Saturday, November 28, 2020
Friday, December 4, 2020
Saturday, December 5, 2020
Friday, December 11, 2020
Saturday, December 12, 2020
$14.00 per person; free for age 5 and under
$2.00 discount for members of Friends of the Arboretum when purchased online with promo code.
Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens
8909 W. 179th St. Overland Park KS 66013