Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens
8909 W. 179th St. Overland Park, KS 66013
Friends of the Arboretum – known as FOTA – exists to foster, promote and develop the aesthetic, educational, recreational, cultural, environmental, and scientific aspects of the Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens.
FOTA is part of The Arts & Recreation Foundation of Overland Park (ARFOP), a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
Friends of the Arboretum is a vibrant organization comprised of people who enjoy being outdoors, appreciate the beauty of the Arboretum, love visiting the gardens and hiking the trails, and want to support this outstanding community amenity.
Become a Member of FOTA
Your membership in FOTA supports programs and capital improvements and produces many special events that draw visitors to the Arboretum. Benefits include: Free admission to the arboretum during normal operating hours (does not include special events), Spring Plant Sale preview night, FOTA Annual Social Event, Monthly e-Newsletter, other FOTA events as announced, and participation in the Reciprocal Admissions Program sponsored by the American Horticulture Society involving more than 200 gardens and arboretums.
- Single ($50, 1 membership card),
- Dual ($75, 2 membership cards),
- Dual +1 ($100, 2 membership cards, free admission for one additional guest per visit),
- Family – Click for definition ($100, 2 membership cards, free admission for dependents),
- Patron ($250, 2 membership cards, free admission for two additional guests per visit, donor recognition),
- Sponsor ($500, 2 membership cards, free admission for three additional guests per visit, free Arboretum tour for four guests, donor recognition),
- Fellow – ($1,000, 2 membership cards, free admission for four additional guests per visit, free Arboretum tour for eight guests, donor recognition)
There are volunteer opportunities for those who want to get the most out of their membership. Whether it’s decorating for one of our community events like Enchanted Faire or Luminary Walk, helping with exhibits, or tending to the gardens, FOTA volunteers have fun while making the Arboretum a special experience for thousands of visitors.
FOTA Advisory Board
Chair: Carlos Corredor
Vice Chair: Mike Hopson
Secretary: Nancy Jernberg
Treasurer: Bob Shea
Members at large: Todd Denmark, Janet Forrest, Brandon Geistdoerfer-Munger, Jennifer Gerlach, Pat Griggs, Teresa Halbersma, Linda Higgins, Libby Irving, Eric Palm, Irene Parsons, John Peterson, Maggie Rudzik, Kristin Harrison Taylor, Paul Tamisiea
Funded by FOTA
Generous donors, membership dues and FOTA fundraising events have funded the following capital improvements:
• Ailie’s Glade
• Betsy and Gordon Ross Herb Garden
• Byrd’s Grove
• Cohen Iris Garden
• Environmental Education Visitors Center
• Erickson Water Garden
• Greenhouses I and II
• Haake Celebration Terrace and Pergola
• Joshua’s Story
• Marder Woodland Garden
• Margie’s Serenity Point
• Monet Garden
• The Retreat
• Rotary Children’s Garden
• Sculpture Acquisitions
• Stous Promenade
• The Train Garden
• Welcome Garden and Entrance Gate