Terra Luna was a smash hit! Watch for information in the spring of 2021 about the return engagement in October 2021.
Friends of the Arboretum & Quixotic Foundation
CBD American Shaman
See what all the excitement was about last year when Terra Luna premiered at the Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens!
This is a not-to-be missed event! Just hear what patrons said about last year's show –
- It really was amazing, and we would 100% go back again and again!
- I loved every minute of the event. Every bend had a different feel to it, and I couldn't wait to see what came next. I sent pictures to my friends and everyone wanted to know where I was at and if they could sign up, too.
- There are not enough words in the dictionary to explain the excitement of this event.
- It sounded like a wonderfully different artistic experience - combining music, dance, exotic experience throughout the wooded area was too tempting to miss. It was everything I expected and more - very fairyland-ish.
- The sensory experience made a deep impression with my mom who has advanced dementia and doesn't remember much of anything. I now replay photos from the event for her every day as she has talked of nothing else. If this isn't already an annual event, please consider it!
- Was an absolutely beautiful experience!
- I must have looked at the event description several times before deciding whether to attend. It was vague but intriguing. I did feel that I was taking a gamble when I bought the tickets, especially with a 45 minute drive so late, but that gamble paid off. We LOVED this!
About Terra Luna: This September, Quixotic will open a portal between everyday reality and elemental fantasy at the Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens. The four-night-only multimedia installation will guide guests on a wild journey through the grounds, culminating in an immersive performance uniting live music, dance, aerial acrobatics and more. Animated by the Arboretum’s transitioning seasons, the boundary-breaking event will illuminate environment in surprising ways: agrestal costuming that incorporates the bounty of the gardens, embedded performers who meld and merge with the twilight landscape, light design that leads the audience deeper into the dream. This unique collaboration between Quixotic and Friends of the Arboretum will astound guests and leave them in awe of Mother Nature’s ultimate imagination.
About Quixotic: Based in Kansas City, Quixotic was given Silicon Valley’s unofficial stamp of genius when they were invited to perform at the global TED Conference in 2012. A unique blend of projection mapping, artistic dance, aerialists, musicians and specialty acts, Quixotic fuses all these elements into what the New York Times branded an “innovative circus ensemble,” and Men’s Journal declared “one of the best contemporary [cirque] acts.” They have performed for audiences worldwide and have helped launch brand products for companies such as IBM, HP, Smithsonian, Emirates Airlines and Bulgari.
Quixotic’s international exposure includes performances at the Shangri La Hotel in Oman, The Karibe Hotel in Haiti, and the BTV Grand Theater in Chaoyang, Beijing. They have created custom experiences for Android at The Stock Exchange in Barcelona, have toured with Wanderlust Festival in Whistler, Canada and Envision Festival in Costa Rica, and have opened the Bahrain National Theater for Bahrain’s royal family. In addition to artistry with performers, Quixotic’s prowess in digital art has taken them to perform for the International Dance Festival, “Gala De Danza” at Hotel Mar El Dentro for two years running and to create custom experiences for the United Nations at the Bella Center in Copenhagen.
“Quixotic is a creative force that master evoking emotion out of their audiences, using multimedia and movement. With a unique sound and original visuals, they are on their way to becoming the most sought after company for multi-media entertainment.”
Quixotic Foundation will be sponsoring the community outreach portion of Terra Luna, creating a special VIP experience for local underserved groups/non-profits so they can experience this Arboretum event for free. At Quixotic Foundation, all of their fundraising goes toward making the Performing Arts accessible to everyone in the Kansas City Metro through free public events (such as Surfaces at the Nelson-Atkins and performances at WaterFire) as well as free active education workshops for underserved children in the community. At each workshop, they partner with local non-profit groups such as Big Brothers Big Sisters, Boys & Girls Club, and more. Quixotic performers provide breakout sessions for 30+ kids, teaching them: aerial silks, dance, music, lighting/sound/projection, yoga, meditation, strength & stretch, and more. They also inspire and foster ambition and confidence in underserved children in our community.
CBD American Shaman is dedicated to bringing wellness to the world through ultra-concentrated CBD oil derived from high quality hemp plants. American Shaman’s CBD products are scientifically formulated, eco-friendly, and lab tested every step of the way. By applying proprietary nanotechology to the production process, the chemists at American Shaman created the world’s first truly water soluble hemp oil. As founding members of the Hemp Roundtable, American Shaman has advocated for legal access to health-supporting hemp products for all Americans, and was instrumental in the passage of the 2018 Farm Bill that legalized hemp nationwide. A Kansas City company, American Shaman is proud to support the arts through incredible partners like QUIXOTIC.
Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens
8909 W. 179th Street, Overland Park, KS
September 17, 18, 19, 20, 2020 - Rain Date: September 21
7:30 - 10:30 p.m.