It takes a lot of volunteers to put on this show!
We spend most of November putting up lights and setting out the displays, and then it takes a lot of people to light the candles on the event nights. We would love to have you join us. Some people have even made it a family event to volunteer together. If you might be interested in any of the jobs below, please contact our Volunteer Coordinators at 913.685.3604 or email@example.com.
We are very grateful for our volunteers, so each one will get a “Skip the Line” voucher at the end of their shift. This voucher will allow the volunteer and their family, coming to view the Luminary Walk on purchased tickets, to use a separate entrance when they arrive. Purchased tickets are required because this is a fund-raiser, after all!
Thank you to First National Bank, Westlake Ace Hardware, and Sarin Energy Solutions for being the presenting sponsors of the 20th Annual Holiday Luminary Walk.
Putting up lights, creating displays, preparing candleholders, decorating trees, etc, during the month of November.
- Candle Lighters – 2:30-5:00
- Ticket Takers and Line Control - 4:30-8:30
- Candle Re-lighters – 5:00-9:00: Walk the route and re-light or replace candles.
- Parking – 4:00-8:30: Guide arriving guests to open parking spots.
- Path Ambassadors – 4:30-9:00: Stationed in strategic locations to point visitors towards turns in the route and give directions.
- Santa's Depot and Wagon Ride Hosts - 4:30-8:30.
(Saturdays and Sundays)
Clean up and re-set – 9:00-12:30: Pick up and replace luminaries.