It takes a lot of volunteers to put on this show!
We spend most of November putting up lights and setting out the displays, and then it takes a lot of people to light the candles on the event nights. We would love to have you join us. Some people have even made it a family event to volunteer together. If you might be interested in any of the jobs below, please contact our Volunteer Coordinators at 913.685.3604 or email@example.com.
We are very grateful for our volunteers, so each one will get a “Skip the Line” voucher at the end of their shift. This voucher will allow the volunteer and their family, coming to view the Luminary Walk on purchased tickets, to use a separate entrance when they arrive. Purchased tickets are required because this is a fund-raiser, after all!
Putting up lights, creating displays, preparing candleholders, decorating trees, etc, during the month of November.
- Candle Lighters – 2:30-5:00
- Ticket Takers and Line Control - 4:30-8:30
- Candle Re-lighters – 5:00-9:00: Walk the route and re-light or replace candles.
- Parking – 4:00-8:30: Guide arriving guests to open parking spots.
- Path Ambassadors – 4:30-9:00: Stationed in strategic locations to point visitors towards turns in the route and give directions.
- Santa's Depot and Wagon Ride Hosts - 4:30-8:30.
(Saturdays and Sundays)
Clean up and re-set – 9:00-12:30: Pick up and replace luminaries.