It takes a lot of amazing volunteers to put on this show!
We spend most of November putting up lights and setting out the displays, and then it takes a lot of people to light the candles on the event nights. We would love to have you join us. Some people have even made it a family event to volunteer together. If you might be interested in any of the jobs below, please contact our Volunteer Coordinators at 913.890.1756 or email@example.com.
Review all volunteer opportunities, and then email us!
We are incredibly grateful for our volunteers, so each one will get a “PICK YOUR TIME” voucher at the end of their shift. This voucher will allow the volunteer and their family, coming to view the Luminary Walk on pre-purchased tickets, to enter during any time period on the night of their tickets. Purchased tickets are required because this is a fundraiser, after all!
Thank you to Westlake ACE Hardware and FNBO for being the presenting sponsors of the 22nd Annual Luminary Walk.
Set Up Days
We will be putting up lights, creating displays, preparing candle holders, decorating trees, etc, on the following days in November:
- 11/3, Wed 9:00-3:00 (lunch is provided)
- 11/6, Sat 9:00-12:00
- 11/8, Mon 9:00-3:00 (lunch is provided)
- 11/10, Wed 9:00-12:00
- 11/11, Thu 9:00-3:00 (lunch is provided)
- 11/13, Sat 9:00-12:00
- 11/15, Mon 9:00-3:00 (lunch is provided)
- 11/18, Thu 9:00-3:00 (lunch is provided)
- 11/19, Fri 9:00-3:00 (lunch is provided)
- 11/22, Mon 9:00-3:00 (lunch is provided)
- 11/23, Tue 9:00-3:00 (lunch is provided)
The Luminary Walk will be Nov. 26 & 27 , December 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, & 18 this year, plus an adults date night "Candlelight Stroll" on Thu, 12/2.
We need help each night with the jobs listed below. Breaks will be given during the evening and we'll be serving a hot buffet dinner to all volunteers. This is a great way to see the Luminary Walk for free and great jobs for teens needing service hours!
- Candle Lighter 3:30-5:00 Light the candles in the luminaries and place in wire holders along the route. (Fun job for families with kids 7 or above).
- Candle Re-Lighter 5:30-10:30 Patrol the route to re-light or replace candles. (Fun job for families).
- Selfie Photographer 4:30-9:00 Stationed at a Family Selfie photo op spot to take pictures using guests’ phones.
Burnt luminaries have to be collected and new ones put out. These jobs are great for kids 7 & above, too! Enjoy a walk through the Arboretum picking up and replacing luminaries on these days:
- 11/27, Sat 1:00-4:00
- 11/29, Mon 9:00-12:00
- 12/3, Fri 1:00-4:00
- 12/4, Sat 1:00-4:00
- 12/6, Mon 9:00-12:00
- 12/10, Fri 1:00-4:00
- 12/11, Sat 1:00-4:00
- 12/13, Mon 9:00-12:00
- 12/17, Fri 1:00-4:00
- 12/18, Sat 1:00-4:00
- 12/20, Mon 9:00-12:00
Review all volunteer opportunities, and then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 913.890.1756 for your choice of assignment.