IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ
As our community returns to enjoying large indoor events in 2021, Friends of OP Arts has made changes to the Nutcracker Tea Party to provide safety and a level of comfort for all guests. Please note the following.
- Food service will be plated - no longer served family style.
- We expect the capacity for each party will be approximately 25% less than in previous years. While this means that fewer guests will be able to enjoy the event this year, it does allow us to
- Reduce crowding in general.
- Add more space between tables.
- Replace a number of tables for 10 with tables seating fewer guests, thus providing an option for those who do not wish to share a table with others.
- Most tables will continue to seat 10, but there will be a very limited number of tables for 4 and 6 for those who cannot put together a group of 10 friends/family members to fill a large table and/or do not wish to be seated with others. Note that there is a premium applied to the cost of the tables seating fewer people. In addition to the seating options listed here, there are also front-row "Sponsor Tables" at each party available for $1,250.00.
|10 seats at a table for 10||$550.00||$850.00|
|Per seat at a table for 10 (If available at the time of purchase)||$55.00||$85.00|
|Table for 6||$390.00||$570.00|
|Per seat at a table for 6 (If available at the time of purchase)||$60.00||$95.00|
|Table for 4||$300.00||$210.00|
|Per seat at a table for 4 (if available at the time of purchase)||$75.00||$105.00|
- Purchase your tickets online. You will have the opportunity to print out your tickets at home. In the past, no actual tickets were issued - guests checked in at registration tables to get seating assignments. Bring your print-at-home tickets with you, and hostesses will scan your tickets and direct you to your seats.
- Guests will have the opportunity to select their exact seating location at the time of purchase.
- Unlike in the past, seating will be automated. No longer will guests be able to request to be seated with another party who orders at a later time. If friends and family want to be seated together, it will be necessary for one person to select the seats, place the order, and pay for all seats at that time.
- Also new this year, we will have 2 "waves" of PRE-SALE before opening sales to the general public. During the pre-sales, ONLY FULL TABLES may be purchased - you will be required to purchase all of the seats at the table. Talk to your friends and family beforehand, and be prepared to purchase all seats at the table at one time.
- On September 1, PRE-SALE opens to members of Friends of OP Arts. Join Friends of OP Arts now. Watch for an email with access to the ticket portal. Again, only full tables will be available to purchase.
- On September 15, PRE-SALE opens to past attendees and those who have requested to be on our email list. Request to be on the email list. (If you no longer receive emails from The Arts & Recreation Foundation of Overland Park on behalf of Friends of the Arboretum, Friends of the Farmstead, and Friends of OP Arts, you have probably unsubscribed and are no longer on our mailing list.) Again, only full tables will be available to purchase.
- Beginning October 1, you will be able to purchase individual seats.
- Shortly thereafter, if seats are still available, the ticket portal will open to the public. The link for ordering will be posted on our website, included in all marketing materials, and promoted through social media - therefore, opening up reservations to the general public.
Don't miss out - Join FOA to purchase before others!
Become a member of Friends of Overland Park Arts to get best available seating.
These parties will sell out. Joining Friends of Overland Park Arts is a great way to support your community and ensure that you have the best seats possible at the Tea Party of your choice!
Included in the ticket price:
Individually plated tea-party fare will be served during the first hour of the party.
The tentative menu is tea sandwiches, roll-ups, fruits and cheeses, tea breads, and holiday cookies.
Beverages: Hot Tea, Iced Tea, Coffee, Fruit Punch
Cocktails (Bellinis, for example) and wine will be available for purchase for adults.
Photo opportunities with dancers
1-hour version of the classic Nutcracker Ballet performed by a talented cast from Crescendo Conservatory follows the meal. The ballet includes beautiful costumes and all the traditional scenes featuring Clara, Sugar Plum Fairy, Dew Drop, Snow King and Queen. And everyone will especially love the scenes with the the colorful Arabian, Chinese and Russian variations!
Parting gift from Shawnee Mission Health - South Overland Park
Nutcracker Boutique for gifts and souvenirs and the opportunity to win very special raffle items provided by Friends of Overland Park Arts and Crescendo Conservatory.
More Information about Seating and Pricing
All seats are reserved. Ordering as early as possible assures you of the best seating available at that time. The parties do sell out. All children will have a "front row" view when it's time for the ballet to begin. We invite all children to sit on the floor directly in front of the stage for the performance. They love it! The tea party experience is fabulous no matter where you are seated.
We encourage groups (family, Brownies, soccer teams, play groups, kindergarten classes, friends and neighbors - we've entertained them all!) to purchase their seats as a group.
Everyone must have a seat with the exception that children under the age of 2 may sit on an adult's lap and not be charged.
The Nutcracker Tea Party is one of the best experiences you will have this Holiday season!
Your holiday experience will not be complete without a souvenir to take home! The Nutcracker Boutique features Nutcracker-themed holiday ornaments, collectible Nutcrackers to add to your collection, and a stunning array of tiaras to make the day even more special for your little princess.
Dates and Times
There are actually 4 Nutcracker Tea Parties!
Saturday, December 4, 2021 - 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. Doors open at 9:30 a.m. for photos and visiting the Boutique.
Saturday, December 4, 2021 - 2:00 - 3:30 p.m. Doors open at 1:30 p.m. for photos and visiting the Boutique.
Sunday, December 5, 2021 - 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Doors open at 11:00 a.m. for photos and visiting the Boutique.
Sunday, December 5, 2021 - 3:30 - 5:00 p.m. Doors open at 3:00 p.m. for photos and visiting the Boutique.