As our community returns to enjoying large indoor events in 2021, Friends of OP Arts has made changes to the Nutcracker Tea Party to provide safety and a level of comfort for all guests. Please note the following.
- Food service will be plated - no longer served family style.
- We expect the capacity for each party will be approximately 25% less than in previous years. While this means that fewer guests will be able to enjoy the event this year, it does allow us to
- Reduce crowding in general.
- Add more space between tables.
- Replace a number of tables for 10 with tables seating fewer guests, thus providing an option for those whose group is smaller than 10.
|Per seat at a table for 10||$55.00||$85.00||$125.00|
|Per seat at a table for 6||sold out||$95.00||n/a|
|Per seat at a table for 4||sold out||sold out||n/a|
- RESERVE YOUR SEATS ONLINE. Your "ticket" will be sent to your mobile device, and you can save it in your digital wallet. Upon arrival, hostesses will scan the QR code and direct you to your seats.
- Guests have the opportunity to select their exact seating location at the time of purchase.
- One the seating chart, available seating choices are shown in color. If a seat is "grayed out," it has already been reserved.
Don't miss out - Join FOA to purchase before others!
Become a member of Friends of Overland Park Arts to get best available seating at next year's Nutcracker Tea Party.
These parties will sell out. Joining Friends of Overland Park Arts is a great way to support your community and ensure that you have the best seats possible at the Tea Party of your choice!
Included in the ticket price:
Individually plated tea-party fare will be served during the first hour of the party.
The tentative menu is tea sandwiches, roll-ups, fruits and cheeses, tea breads, and holiday cookies.
Beverages: Hot Tea, Iced Tea, Coffee, Fruit Punch
Cocktails (Bellinis, for example) and wine will be available for purchase for adults.
Photo opportunities with dancers
1-hour version of the classic Nutcracker Ballet performed by a talented cast from Crescendo Conservatory follows the meal. The ballet includes beautiful costumes and all the traditional scenes featuring Clara, Sugar Plum Fairy, Dew Drop, Snow King and Queen. And everyone will especially love the scenes with the the colorful Arabian, Chinese and Russian variations!
Parting gift from Shawnee Mission Health - South Overland Park
Nutcracker Boutique for gifts and souvenirs and the opportunity to win very special raffle items provided by Friends of Overland Park Arts and Crescendo Conservatory.
More Information about Seating and Pricing
All seats are reserved. Ordering as early as possible assures you of the best seating available at that time. The parties do sell out. All children will have a "front row" view when it's time for the ballet to begin. We invite all children to sit on the floor directly in front of the stage for the performance. They love it! The tea party experience is fabulous no matter where you are seated.
We encourage groups (family, Brownies, soccer teams, play groups, kindergarten classes, friends and neighbors - we've entertained them all!) to purchase their seats as a group.
Everyone must have a seat with the exception that children under the age of 2 may sit on an adult's lap and not be charged.
The Nutcracker Tea Party is one of the best experiences you will have this Holiday season!
Your holiday experience will not be complete without a souvenir to take home! The Nutcracker Boutique features Nutcracker-themed holiday ornaments, collectible Nutcrackers to add to your collection, and a stunning array of tiaras to make the day even more special for your little princess.
Dates and Times
There are actually 4 Nutcracker Tea Parties!
Saturday, December 4, 2021 - 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. Doors open at 9:30 a.m. for photos and visiting the Boutique.
Saturday, December 4, 2021 - 2:00 - 3:30 p.m. Doors open at 1:30 p.m. for photos and visiting the Boutique.
Sunday, December 5, 2021 - 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Doors open at 11:00 a.m. for photos and visiting the Boutique.
Sunday, December 5, 2021 - 3:30 - 5:00 p.m. Doors open at 3:00 p.m. for photos and visiting the Boutique.