Visit the Arboretum
Experience the Arboretum for so many reasons.
Be captivated by the great outdoors on a walk in the woods, an invigorating hike, the beauty of trees and flowers and sculpture, and just being outdoors.
Learn something - the value of a tree, the history of Overland Park in the Train Garden, Native American culture at the Medicine Wheel, what to plant in a xeriscape garden - the list is endless, and it won't be in a classroom.
Escape your everyday routine and enjoy the natural world. Beautiful areas for quiet meditation abound.
Stimulate your senses - the smell of the herb garden, the sight of the Monet Garden, the sounds of birds, the feel of so many different kinds of tree bark. And for taste, enjoy a snack in the Garden Café . . . or bring along your own picnic.
Tours and field trip opportunities are available for groups.
Visit soon, and then share with us all the reasons - or that one special reason - you enjoy this very special place!
- $3 for visitors age 13 and older
- $1 for visitors age 6 - 12
- Free for age 5 years and under
- Free for Friends of the Arboretum members
Free Days & Weekends
- Each Tuesday, admission to the Arboretum is free (Does not apply to rental fees.)
- The City of Overland Park designates 2 free weekends each year.
- The Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens is a lovely place for an outdoor wedding, corporate gathering or a family picnic.
- Reservations may be made up to 12 months in advance. Call 913-685-3604 for more information, to take a tour or make a reservation.
- You can find more information on the City of Overland Park website.
Overland Park, KS 66013
|The Arboretum is open seven days a week.
Oct. 1-April 9: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
April 10-Sept. 30: 8:00 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
(Fourth Saturday of June: closes at Noon)
Dec. 25 - Closed
Free for members of Friends of the Arboretum
$1.00 Child 6-12
Free 5 years and younger
No admission charge on Tuesdays.