Volunteering at The Farmstead offers a great opportunity to learn about Kansas historical farm life, meet new people, and inspire visitors to learn about farm animals. We offer a range of positions to match your interests and availability. Whether you have several hours a week or just a few hours a month, your special talents can make an enormous difference in our community.
- Greet visitors entering the Farmstead,
- Sell tickets for wagon rides while watching the petting pen,
- Help kids fish at Grandpa Bob’s Fishing Pond,
- Help children feed bottles to the baby goats,
- Sell mining rough,
- Help with special events,
- Assist with birthday parties, and
- Share historical information.
- All volunteers must be 14 years or older.
- As a condition to service at The Farmstead, the City requires a criminal background and records check.
- Volunteer opportunities are not automatic. If you are selected as a volunteer, the Volunteer Program Supervisor will contact you as positions become available.
- 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- 1- 5 p.m.
Note: Flexible or after-school shifts are available upon request.
How to Volunteer
Visit the City of Overland Park website for more information.
Organized groups (e.g., corporations, church groups, etc.) should contact the Volunteer Program Supervisor at (913) 890-1678.
Eagle Scout Projects
If you’re interested in working on an Eagle Scout project we will consider them during February and August each year.
Interested? Contact the Volunteer Program Supervisor.