Volunteer at the Farmstead
Volunteer at Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead
Volunteering at The Farmstead offers a great opportunity to learn about Kansas historical farm life, meet new people and inspire visitors to learn about farm animals. We offer a range of positions to match your interests and availability. Whether you have several hours a week or just a few hours a month, your special talents can make an enormous difference in our community.
DRCF Volunteer Opportunities:
- Birthday Party Attendant
- Main Entrance Greeter
- Dairy Barn Helper
- Mining Attendant
- Goat Petting Pen Attendant
- Wagon Ride Attendant
- Maintenance Helper
- Gardening Helper
- Assistance with Special Events
- Education Interpretive Attendant
- Helen's Country Schoolhouse
- Ben's Bank
- Kanza Indian Encampment
- Vic's General Store
- Ray's Barbershop
- John's Blacksmith Shop
- All volunteers must be 14 years or older.
- As a condition to service at The Farmstead, the City requires a criminal background and records check.
- Volunteer opportunities are not automatic. If you are selected as a volunteer, the Volunteer Coordinator will contact you as positions become available.
- 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- 1- 5 p.m.
Note: After-school shifts are available upon request.
How to volunteer
Please fill out our interest application below to get started!
Organized groups (e.g., corporations, church groups, etc.) should contact the Volunteer Coordinator at (913) 897-2360, ext. 27.
Eagle Scout Projects
If you're interested in working on an Eagle Scout project, learn more and complete the necessary documents.
Contact the Volunteer Coordinator.
Overland Park, KS 66213
|Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead is open daily from April 1-Oct. 31: 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Extended Hours: Memorial Day to Labor Day: Tuesday and Thursdays only - 9:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Activities operate until 5:00 p.m.
Free for members of Friends of the Farmstead
$3.00 per person
Free after 2:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday.