Garden Etiquette at the Arboretum
Overland Park is investing in the future quality of life by acquiring, preserving and enhancing land for the conservation of natural resources, environmental education and botanical gardens.
In an effort to help us grow, please follow these rules while enjoying the Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens:
- Dogs on leashes are allowed on asphalt and mulched trails or the black asphalt loop around the picnic shelter only and are forbidden on concrete paths in the Botanical Gardens areas. Please pick up after your pet!
- Casual and nature photography and videography are encouraged, as long as photos and videos are not sold. There are beautiful locations to capture memories of your visit and a multitude of plants and creatures to photograph. Nature photography does not require a permit as long as there are no people in the photos. You may even submit your photographs for inclusion in FOTA’s Annual Arboretum Photography Contest.
- Commercial or portrait photography/filming is allowed according to established rules and regulations and requires a permit.
- It’s OK to walk on the grass, but remember – the flower beds are there for the plants, not people! Please stay out of the beds.
- Visitors are not allowed to remain in or enter the Arboretum before or after operating hours.
- Bicycles, skateboards, skates, scooters and motorized vehicles are prohibited. Wheelchairs are allowed.
- No plants, animals or insects may be collected or removed.
- Please do not climb on waterfalls, rocks or in trees in the gardens.
- Fires are permitted in permanent grills only.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- School groups and guided tours are asked to call ahead.
A complete set of rules is available in the Visitors Center.
Overland Park, KS 66013
|The Arboretum is open seven days a week.
Oct. 1-April 9: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
April 10-Sept. 30: 8:00 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
(Fourth Saturday of June: closes at Noon)
Dec. 25 - Closed
Free for members of Friends of the Arboretum
$1.00 Child 6-12
Free 5 years and younger
No admission charge on Tuesdays.