It is with regret that we announce that recent storms have washed away most of the Enchanted Forest domains of our magical woodland creatures who took up residence at the Arboretum this summer. Their castle remains! Thursday morning art classes will continue, August 3 - 24.
This summer, the Arboretum is again enchanting!
Come see the homes of gnomes, fairies, elves, trolls, goblins, sprites and other magical woodland creatures on a woodland trail beginning Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. New this summer - the magnificent home of the lords and ladies of the Enchanted Forest royalty. It's amazing!!
And there's going to be an ENCHANTED FAIRE for the whole family. Join us on Saturday, July 22 from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. in your best enchanted costume (fairy wings? gnome hats? wherever your imagination take you!) Enjoy treats, entertainment, photo ops and merriment for all. Entertainment included with regular admission to the gardens. Treats (sweets and beverages) and extras (face painting and souvenirs) will cost extra. Cash only, please.
As part of the Arboretum’s Enchanted Forest Exhibit, we are pleased to offer a series of classes in several fields of art exploration for children on Thursday mornings (except on June 22) throughout the summer. Most classes are recommended for children ages 6-10. Adult presence is required.
Choose your classes, and register soon. Last year, classes filled up fast!
June 1, July 20 or August 31 – Build A Gnome Home
- After exploring the Enchanted Forest, we will gather to make our own. We will teach you about building and construction. We provide all the details to make your Gnome home unique and all your own.
June 8 or July 27 – Write an Enchanted Story
- The Enchanted Forest will spark your creativity. We will build our own stories about the Gnomes and all of the enchanted creatures that live in the forest. Then write them down and share with each other using puppet you have made.
June 15 or August 3 – Make an Enchanted Costume
- The Enchanted Forest isn’t just for the gnomes! Fairies, nymphs, trolls, goblins and elves also play in the forest. You can become one for the day by making a costume with us.
June 29 or August 10 – Perform an Enchanted Play
- The Enchanted Forest has many stories written about it, we will take one of those stories and act it out. Become a Gnome or Fairy and tell a story to the audience.
July 6 or August 17 – Create an Enchanted Painting
- We will learn about how to draw faces and you will draw your own using your new skills. We will then transform that self portrait to make you an enchanted character. Will you be a gnome, a knight, an elf or a troll? Recommended for ages 8-14.
July 13 or August 24 – Create an Enchanted Room
- Explore our Gnome Village in the Enchanted Forest. We will then work to build your own Gnome room to take home with you. Add your own special details to create a magical place for Gnomes to live. Recommended for ages 6-10.
Back by Popular Demand
Each home is a beautifully executed and detailed creation crafted by true artisans. It will delight children of all ages. And don't miss the Royal Castle, home to the lords and ladies of this magical world of imagination!
The Artistry of the Exhibit
Friends of the Arboretum sincerely thanks the team of Michele Sevcik, Andra Chase, Joan Sprenger, Bette Stockdale, and Dutch Metzker who have designed and created the exhibit exclusively for the Arboretum. Adults and children alike will marvel at the artistry this group has brought to the Arboretum.
The Enchanted Faire
Saturday July 22, 2017
3:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Join in the merriment and frolic in the grove in the Enchanted Forest on this very special Saturday afternoon. Wear your best enchanted costume.
Enjoy treats, entertainment, photo ops and merriment for the whole family - it's the Enchanted Faire!
Entertainment and activities all included with your admission to the gardens. Additional cost for food, beverages, and other extras. Cash only, please.