Public-private partnerships are a win-win for everyone. They multiply the possibilities and make big dreams come true.
The City of Overland Park and the Arts and Recreation Foundation share a vision for the future of our community that includes increased cultural, recreational and educational opportunities for all who visit and live in Overland Park. The Arts and Recreation Foundation invites individuals, businesses and foundations to join in these efforts and become a part of creating a legacy of beauty, family entertainment and recreation for years to come.
Fundraising campaigns are currently underway for three major capital improvement projects:
- The Train Garden at the Arboretum
- The Public Art Master Plan
- The 9/11 Memorial at the Overland Park Training Center
For further information about these projects and how you can help make them happen and leave a legacy for generations to come, contact The Arts and Recreation Foundation at 913.322.6467.
To make a gift by check, make payable and mail to:
Arts and Recreation Foundation of Overland Park
P.O. Box 26147
Shawnee Mission, KS 66225
View an in-depth organizational profile maintained by the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation DonorEdge® initiative.
Stems: A Garden Soiree provides funds for operating the Foundation as well as funds for current major capital improvement projects. Stems has raised funds that have been or are currently being used for the Cohen Iris Garden and the Train Garden at the Arboretum, the Ice Cream Parlor at the Farmstead and for additions to Overland Park’s growing sculpture collection.
MEMBERSHIPS – Be a VERY special Friend!
For annual gifts of $105 for individuals or $150 for families ($135 for Overland Park residents), you can become a member of each of the Friends groups and support the arts, the Arboretum and the Farmstead all at the same time. You will receive the appropriate benefits of membership in each of the groups and have only one renewal date to remember when you rejoin next year!
This Combined Membership includes:
- Newsletters from each of the Friends groups
- Invitations to exclusive membership gatherings for all groups
- Advance information for all groups’ special events
- 10% discount on Arboretum Plant Sale purchases
- 25% discount on Art at the Center Exhibition purchases
- $15 discount on painting classes offered by the City
- Discounted ticket price for The Nutcracker Tea Party
- Season Pass – Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead
- Coupons for attractions, drinks and animal feed at the Farmstead
View all member benefits and prices.